Summary from the Supervision meeting with Tricia 27th Nov 2013
The evaluation table.
Attentive – To Re-think
White cells – Neutral
Need explanation about this table of how materials collected? When? Verbal?
Teachers are unhelpful – reticent?
Workshop Q.5. “How did you communicate with others? (Interviews and )”
Ask teachers that what was the problem to answer the questionnaire?
Feasibility – this is about the fiction so this might be not important? Also this is very end question Tricia thinks.
I must be very clear about the aim of fiction!
I must explain that I can not promise your ideas to make it real. The voice will be delivered to the Authorities but…
People might think that “why would I do that?” Think about their benefits!
I need to find a place somewhere to put my opinion on each comment. Ex. Feasibility – Student K.H.
Need to say that if a comment is original, say this is original not transcribed.
Example of the explanation to participants to engage.
1. This might be very small step but this helps to develop my methodology.
2. They might benefits to show/sharing your idea each other.
3. Then they would have more knowledge about other’s thoughts about your area.
4. Those ideas can be voiced. If you did not this together, you might not know that they expect in the future.
About the order of questions
Workshop section would come first.
Then the exhibition comes next.
Why do not I follow the chronological order??
The purpose is not to design their future environments, but to raise awareness of it.
When I going to King’s Cross, I need to say I am going to do this for these goals.
1. Raise the awareness of your environments and it enable to share
2. Provide a voice to Argent/Council. (Location research)
As a Conclusion of the evaluation table…
Very big theme – isolation
Specific theme – About actual neighbourhood / what people want / Nature of people what they expect / Some devices such as love stories to carry the stories / Some problem / Drama / Fun
Each story have different aspects on different levels.
Will you find same things in King’s Cross?
How many groups would I have at KX?
To see the different possibilities for structure of stories at the next workshop;
- Universal theme – problem or conflict
—- Characters – persona(Somebody participants know?)
These things inform that how I can suggest stories / What might looking for stories when they finished it.
So, what is the starting point to create a story?
Does this helpful tools for people to make a story? Should I introduce this structure before participants start creating a story? Also, is this useful tools to analyse a story? - Ask Andrea
Think about the balance between how mach take an importance of local problem, and how much I provide universal theme? When the next internal exhibition, what does this tell about local area? What universal theme come out? What local issue come out?
So what I am trying to do would be to derive these above elements through the stories and trying to find a solution at same time?
Process of the next workshop
* Age limitation? Who is going be invited? – Anybody would be interesting because by doing so, I would find out who is interested in this sort of workshop, maybe.
* Research about actual participants’ area. Silhouette from range of people(Kids to seniors, British and immigrants) – Consider the size and angle of them.
* Collect participants’s email address
0. Send an email to introduce this project and explain structurer of workshop(can be small homework), also I need the information about what is the striking landmarks in their area then I can create basic format for their story board.
- imagine a day in life in 2025
- Provide them with future context (Politics, population, technology, and society in 2025)
- Think about your favourite area, and possibly ask them to take pictures in advance.
1. Explain the purpose of the workshop – 10mins
2. Showing (Futuristic/design fictional) movies to spark their imagination – 10 mins
3. Introducing examples of works
3. Take a walk with participants to CSM with picturing along the way?
4. At CSM, drag them to available lecture room, divide them into groups(possibly 2 teams to compare with the previous experimentation.) then let people start writing stories about their favourite place. (Tea and biscuits ill be provided.)
5. Meanwhile I will printout participants picts.
Designing Future Function of Landmarks? Or Design Fiction?